Turn back the hands of Happy Hour and join us for a booze-inspired brunch! We’ve compiled some of our favourite recipes to enjoy with friends and family during a lazy weekend (or perhaps a day too nice for work). Check out some of our cocktail suggestions and special coffee ideas for great accompaniments. Brunch is no longer under the domain of the temperance league.
- Field Mushroom and Bacon Frittata
- Frittata’s make wonderful brunch fare because they serve a crowd from one pan and can be made ahead of time and served at room temperature—and they’re a helluva lot easier than flippin’ omelets.
- Blueberry Waffles with Amaretto Syrup
- Easily identifiable by their piercings and tattoos wild blueberries work best for waffles because they’re smaller and have way more flavor than their domesticated cousins. If you can’t find wild you can use tame but it’s crucial to use only fresh berries as the frozen ones will turn your breakfast purple.
- Buttermilk Pancakes with Boozy Bananas
- Since you can’t pour rum on your breakfast cereal we recommend whipping up these pancakes to help take the edge off Sunday morning. Be warned - with this kind of start to your day Monday morning comes faster than you expect, so brew a strong pot of coffee!
- Brie and Pear Pastries
- Pastries for breakfast are a decadent treat, especially if you’re trying to impress that special someone who stayed the night.Squeeze some fresh orange juice and deliver these just out of the oven for a warm breakfast in bed. If all goes according to plan you’ll be spending the day under the covers. An added bonus is the leftovers.
- Sparkling Wine with Mixed Berries
- This dish elicits more oohs and ahhs than fireworks in July and is perfect for a celebratory brunch or even a light summer dessert. Champagne flutes make the best presentation but martini glasses or wineglasses will also work. Garnish with a sprig of mint or an orange twist and you’ll get full Martha points.
- Yogurt and Granola with Strawberry Coulis
- Break out the Birkenstocks and patchouli, we’re off to the health food store! This recipe is for our nature-conscious readers and it contains barely enough booze to knot your dreadlocks. It’s simple, portable and perfect for the start of an active day. Peace.
- Coddled Eggs with Jagermeister and Brie
- Everyone deserves a little coddling from time to time. Coddled eggs are an upscale yet easy to prepare alternative to everyday bacon and eggs. Creamy and sophisticated, they’re guaranteed to make a breakfast special. You can prepare these up to three hours in advance—freeing up your hands for important hosting duties like serving berries and champagne.