Grilled Mojito Lamb Popsicles
- 1 Rack of Lamb “Frenched”
- 1/2 cup mint (125mL) (1-40g package)
- 3 Tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1/4 (50mL) cup rum
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- freshly ground black pepper
Makes 6-8 servings
Inspired by the refreshing summer Mojito cocktail, this rum based gem is a great light snack or appetizer for any summer function. Sophisticated finger-food made with a boozy twist!
- Prepare the lamb by slicing between each rib to form individual Popsicles.
- Muddle together mint and brown sugar in a glass bowl or cocktail shaker, add lime quarters and continue to muddle until lime juice is released. Add rum and garlic.
- Bring ingredients together in a plastic zip top freezer bag and mix well. Allow to marinade overnight.
- Preheat grill to high.
- Sear and grill using Indirect heat. Place Popsicles on grill, turn cooking side of grill down to med-low (leaving opposite side of grill on high). Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes, flip Popsicle onto hot side of grill, turn heat down to medium-low. Allow to cook for 4-5 minutes. Check doneness with probe thermometer, or by checking firmness of lamb–when cooked the lamb will be firm and will not bouncy when pushed with your finger.
Frenched? Mais Oui!
‘Frenched’ is just fancy chef talk for the way the rack of lamb is prepared at the butcher. A French rack of lamb means the butcher has removed any excess meat or sinew from the top portion of the ribs, leaving them exposed and clean. This forms a convenient stick for the popsicle.