Fire up the grill and put the heat to the meat! Our BBQ section offers some of the most critically acclaimed recipes from our book including Cuba Libre Back Ribs and the famous Royal Beefeater Burger. Get out the lawn chairs, slather yourself with sunscreen and make a pitcher of sangria — enough to share with friends, of course.
- Grilled Sirloin with Coffee Cognac Barbecue Sauce
- If this doesn’t put a smile on your face, there may be no hope. The full-flavored sauce is also great with burgers and ribs.
- Fire-Roasted Mexicano Chicken
- This jerk-inspired dish combines the unique flavors of Mexico with the fire and spice of a Jamaican barbecue. It’s a long shopping list but if you don’t have all the spices on hand, get creative and come up with something all your own. We recommend margaritas for inspiration.
- Royal Beefeater Burgers with Cognac Ketchup
- Burgers are back in vogue as part of the comfort food movement and some of the best restaurants are now serving them to the high-market crowd at high-market prices. Slap these beauties on fancy bread like focaccia, add a sprig of rosemary and sell them to your friends for 35 bucks a bun.
- Thai Shrimp and Mango Kabobs
- These sweet and spicy kabobs are easy to prepare and are perfect for summer entertaining on the patio. As an added bonus, after a few glasses of sangria you’ll discover skewers are great for hand-to-hand combat—place corks on tips to prevent injury.
- Cuba Libre Back Ribs
- The Cuba Libre, meaning ‘free Cuba’ is fancy bartender speak for a simple rum and coke. We’ve adapted this winning flavour combination to create a sensational barbeque classic. Be warned, if you prepare these for a crowd, you will be creating some future expectations you better be able to live up to! Don’t worry we’re here to help.
- Grilled Mojito Lamb Popsicles
- Inspired by the refreshing summer Mojito cocktail, this rum based gem is a great light snack or appetizer for any summer function. Sophisticated finger-food made with a boozy twist!